So I used to feel like a dunce when pregnant women would answer the "how far along are you" question with a count in weeks, because then I'd have to stop, dust off my brain, and try to divide the answer by four to figure out months. But now I get it: when you've got NINE MONTHS of pregnancy you know you have to complete, it's really exciting every time you're able to tick off one more week in the countdown til D-Day. You don't want to have to wait for FOUR of them to go by before you can make some sort of check mark.
It's so crazy how many girls are pregnant and all of us due within a few months of each other.
1. Ally--co-worker--actually popped two weeks ago on Sept. 19, but up until then. (Girl)
2. Beth--co-worker--due Oct. 20. (Boy)
3. Brittany--co-worker--due Nov. 25. (Girl) Some of the customers look downright freaked out by all the pregnant chicks in one store, if enough of us walk by while they're there. It's amusing.
4. Moi. (Boy) I missed the memo and left a gap in Dec. (Or maybe my boss should have hired another girl and made "expecting in late December" one of the qualifications.) But all four of us are even due around the same TIME of our months. Jan 20th for me.
5. Shara--friend from home. Due two or three days after me, I think. (Girl)
6. Ashley--friend from home. (Girl)
7. ******--friend from home--not positive I'm allowed to tell yet. (Don't know yet)
8. Elizabeth--cousin. Due a month a half apart. (Girl)
9. Jamie--old roommate--just had her little boy a week ago.
10. Lauren--old roommate. (Boy)
11. Adrienne--old roommate. (Girl)
12. Kim--old roommate. (Don't know yet)
13. Callie--old roommate, more current friend. (Don't know yet)
Am I forgetting anyone? There are probably more I just don't know about. :)
And the ratio seems to hold here, too. Doesn't it seem like there are way more little girls being born than boys? Our ward is a sea of little girls; finding a boy is like spotting Waldo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just hope they can all find worthy husbands someday...
By the way, you don't have to be interested in all this. I'm just thinking out loud (as it were).
To conclude, I'd like to say that my cat, Max, is lounging on the computer desk in front of me, and he very nearly fell off just now while letting out a luxurious stretch and yawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment